LabOS, a leader in the healthcare industry, is looking to expand our DBA team.
Work with our R&D team in creating and deploying tomorrow’s data centric solutions and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitor database activity and resource usage.
- Optimize database performance and forecast resource needs.
- Proactively identify database performance issues.
- Review, optimize, and refactor the existing database schema.
- Investigate and improve the tools used to detect performance bottlenecks and security issues, early in the development cycle and in production.
- Contribute to the setting of standards for definition, security, and integrity of the data.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the adoption of appropriate database administration tools and processes, including automation.
- Design replication and disaster recovery strategies to keep databases in sync and highly available.
- Work with R&D engineers, mentor and guide on the performance and design goals.
- Participate in R&D efforts to introduce new data centric solutions to our tech stack to improve our product offerings and capabilities.
What you need to have:
- 3 years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA in a production environment.
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of SQL language.
- Experienced in building and maintaining large scale databases.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in a service-oriented environment.
- Open-minded, curious, and passionate learner – not afraid to learn new technologies quickly.
- Knowledge of additional RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle) – Advantage.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services (RDS, Aurora, Athena, DynamoDB) – Advantage.
- Experience with NoSQL, data lake tools (MongoDB, Redis, Snowflake) – Advantage.